egress window builder
Increase the safety and value of you home with the installation of a escape window in your basement! Iowa Wall Sawing’s clean and efficient work is completed in just one day. As a full service concrete cutting contractor, IWS has the right equipment to install beautiful egress windows without the dust and gas emissions in your home that is typical with other contractors.
Complete the Egress Window Builder form below to get your project started today!
Here is our install process:
- Fibergass mats are placed on the yard for transportation of our mini-excavator. This helps to prevent yard damage.
- Excavation of the foundation is then performed exposing the footings and drain tile.
- Rock is put in hole over exposed tile providing optimal drainage. Water that gets into hole will filter down directly to tile.
- Time to cut. Foundation is cut to exact size, all cutting is preformed from the out side of your home.
- Window installation. IWS installs a custom made inswing window which allows for egress from basement even if the window well is obstructed. Example: installing a crank out window with an uncovered window well, if the well filled up with snow, it is possible the window would not be able to open. Safety first.
- Window well instillation is next. IWS offers your standard metal well, or a decorative Rockwell Window Well (www.rockwellinc.com.) The RockWell is fiberglass designed to look like a stone wall giving more character to the egress and also proving a safety step for easy escape. (pictured to the right)
- Backfill and removal of all excess material from site. Enjoy the sunlight!
Note: An egress window must have a clear opening of at least 5.7 sq. ft.—large enough to allow a firefighter, with equipment, to enter the home through the window. In addition, the window must be at least 20 in. wide and 24 in. high (while still meeting the 5.7-sq.-ft. requirement). Finally, the bottom of the opening can be no more than 44 in. from the floor.